Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm On a Quest

I have this friend. She's skinny. She has a lot of kids. I have a lot of kids. I want to be skinny like her real bad. I know it will take a lot of work and self-control because I REALLY like carbs A LOT. But 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' Phil. 4:13

So, what am I doing to get to my goal of being in the single digit size category? I go to "Boot Camp" twice a week and the trainer there absolutely works me to the ground. It's a free class at this church near my house and there are about 30 women on average that are in this class. I have not sweated this much since I was in high school in basketball. We are running sprints, lifting weights, running stairs, jumping, hopping (do you know how HARD it is to jump back and forth across the basketball court on ONE LEG? There's a reason God gave us two legs!) But after each one hour class I feel like a million bucks, someone hand me a string bikini because I am ready! Well, not quite . . . I am also watching what I eat. Our family is trying new vegetables which is HUGE at our house! My husband refuses green food, but even he is being adventurous. I am not getting myself a chicken, egg, and cheese biscuit at Chic-Fil-* after I drop the kids off at school anymore either (I know what you are thinking, that I must weigh 300 lbs. and I do not). And I try real hard to not eat anything after dinner. Somedays I do better than others. So this is my blog about my quest to be a healthier me because this is not MY body, God just loaned it to me.

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! You are not heavy, for sure! In fact, you look awesome...but I know what it's like to know you can feel better, and you're so right that our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit! Love you!

    ReplyDelete